Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Breathe

Ever wonder why time seems to go by so quickly or how it seems to take forever when you're staring at a clock?  Every year around this time I think, how is it already mid-summer?  Next thing you know it'll be Fall, then Christmas....it's crazy how its just goes by in the blink of an eye.

It's easy to say that I'll live in the moment,take advantage of the day and what it has to offer but its actually really hard to do when you have a full-time job that requires you to be there till about 7p or later every night.  And when your weekends are filled with plans for yourself or family things. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family, I'm not one of those people who dread it.  I just want to do so many things all at once. There are only so many days in a week and weeks in a month and summer is only a few months long.  In my mind the easy solution would be to not plan anything and just FLOW but in reality doing anything requires planning.  So it gets kinda tricky.  Plus you have obligations to your family, birthdays, summer parties, graduations, just plain BBQ's.....How do you manage the time and take advantage of the warm summer days when we have them?


I think it comes down to taking a moment to stop and realize what is lovely about the very situation or place you are in at any given time.  Taking in all the wonderful things around you and being grateful for them.  Yeah, it's totally easy to say that but it's hard to do when you feel like you're being pulled in 100 different directions.

Why I'm happy and grateful - First off I'm alive, healthy and young.  I have a great family who adores and loves me, I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world who would do anything for me and just wants to make me happy.  I'm employed, I have a roof over my head and I live in the greatest city in the world.  I'm only a short car ride to the beach (my all time favorite place) and my friends are either a phone call or a train ride away.  Speaking of my friends, I have the best friends a girl could ask for; they're more like sisters to me and I'm so thankful to have them in my life.  I earn enough money to support myself and also be able to do things I enjoy; like plan trips to music festivals in SF (T-26 days). There's so much more when you actually start to think about it...so yeah my life is pretty SWEET.  Now I just need to figure out a way to keep reminding myself that when things start stressing me out.

WOW that was LONG and SERIOUS....promise not to do that too much...I mean this is about life though. :o)


Here's some pics....The first is a neat one looking up a staircase of a wooden deck, next is boats on the Hudson River in Nyack (wish I was on one right NOW) and the last one is a painting around a bookstore window.

No comments:

Post a Comment